BREAD POHA RECIPE
By:- Healthways Date: 01-May-2020
Easy to prepare and really healthy blended with many flavors, this recipe is quintessential for breakfast and mid-time snacking!
- Multigrain Bread- 2 slices
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- Pinch turmeric powder
- ½ cup bell peppers (red, yellow, green mixed)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Cut the bread slices into small squares or cubes
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seeds till they start to splutter
- Now, add onion, tomato and bell peppers. Sauté for few minutes
- Cover and cook for a few minutes till vegetables are tender. Add some water, if required. Add turmeric also at this step.
- Add bread cubes, mix gently and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot.
Calories – 150 Kcal
Carbs – 25 gm
Protein – 5.1 gm
Fat – 2.2 gm
Key Ingredient & Benefits:
Multigrain Bread: It’s a good source of carbohydrates, it’s low in fat, and offers some protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It provides a good source of energy and helps managing appetite levels.