TOMATO SALSA DIP
By:- Healthways Date: 01-Aug-2020
Pico de Gallo or the classic fresh tomato salsa dip is an excellent condiment to serve with baked chips, cutlets, sandwiches or grilled chicken and fish.
- 2 ripe tomatoes (seeds removed, and finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander/ cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt & Pepper (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Add onion, and stir fry for 30 seconds
- Toss in tomato, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper.
- Add coriander/ cilantro, and turn off the flame
- You can refrigerate this salsa for up to 2 days.
Note: You can also combine all the ingredients together without using the oil, mix well, and refrigerate for few hours to blend in the flavors before consuming.
Calories – 56 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 6.9 gm
Protein – 1.7 gm
Fat – 2.1 gm
Key Ingredients & Benefits:
Tomato: Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K. They help in boosting immunity and keeping a check on blood pressure levels.
Garlic: Garlic helps in reduction of cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and aids in reduction of heart diseases. It has potent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. It can help fight common cold and indigestion issues.