GARLIC VEGETABLE SOUP
By:- Healthways Date: 01-Jul-2020
This soup is packed with ingredients that complement each other in a palatable yet healthy manner so that you relish your body while healing it too. This strong flavoured vegan soup will help your stomach to aid in digestion.
Garlic helps in reduction of cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and aids in the reduction of heart diseases. It has potent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. It can help fight common cold and indigestion issues.
Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium and fiber. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- 1 cup mixed veggies, finely chopped [Broccoli, beans, cabbage, carrots, beets, capsicum]
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 2 cloves, for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- Heat oil on a non-stick pan placed on a medium to high flame.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until both turn golden brown.
- Add veggies and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add about 2 ½ cups of water and allow the mixture to come to boil.
- Cover and cook on low to medium flame until veggies are cooked well.
- Mix in salt and pepper as desired.
- Dry roast cloves in a small pan and crush well. Keep aside.
- Serve hot, garnished with crushed cloves.
Calories – 88 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 11.9 grams
Protein – 1.8 grams
Fat – 1.9 grams
Over to you
This easy and quick recipe may require roasting of garlic but improves digestion process and clears your digestive system. This combination of garlic and other vegetables serves you with most of the nutrients, all you have to add is a little bit of salt and pepper to spice it up.