By:- Healthways Date: 01-Jul-2020
This recipe is ideal to have when you’re back to your room, exhausted after travelling and yearn for something light and simple, yet palatable! The tender mushroom bites make this warm bowl of yummy mushroom soup creamy and delightful.
Mushrooms are low in calories, are great sources of fiber and protein (good for plant-based diets). They also provide many important nutrients, including the B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and vitamin D (particularly when exposed to the sun). Thus help in protecting overall body functions.
Celery is a great source of important antioxidants, it reduces inflammation, and has an alkalizing effect. It is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. It is ideal for people with high cholesterol levels and blood pressure, as well as heart disease.
- 20 grams diced onion,
- 3 to 5 diced celery stalks
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 30 grams sliced button mushrooms
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Calories – 43 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 3.6 grams
Protein – 1.3 grams
Fat – 2.0 grams
- Heat the oil. Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook until the onions havesoftened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add celery stalks. Put in the mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until they release their juices.
- Add water, bay leaves, and thyme and stir (uncovered).
- Remove bay leaves and then serve hot.
Over to you
Cooked with easy to find ingredients you may already have in your kitchen, you are minutes away from this subtle and satisfying bowl of creamy goodness. This creamy mushroom soup will make you fall in love with its different texture and a depth of flavour.