CLOVE & TOMATO SOUP
By:- Healthways Date: 01-Sep-2020
Clove and Tomato Soup can be a part of a fancy dinner party or light supper. This can be a comfort food when you’re not feeling well. Flavours of tangy tomato and this strong spice, clove shine in this good-for-you soup.
Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K. They help in boosting immunity and keeping a check on blood pressure levels.
Cloves help in improving digestion by stimulating the release of digestive enzymes. It is antibacterial and helps in the regulation of blood sugar levels. It protects your liver and can fight off common infections.
- 2 large tomatoes, washed thoroughly
- Water, as required
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
Calories – 73 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 13.1 grams
Protein – 3.3 grams
Fat – 0.7 grams
- Add washed tomatoes along with water to a large bowl and pressure cook up to 4 whistles.
- Take out from the pressure cooker, remove the peels, and allow it to cool.
- Add to a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Using a strainer, strain the mixture to remove the seeds, if any.
- Add to a non-stick saucepan to boil it. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add water, if necessary, to adjust the thickness.
- Turn off the flame and keep aside.
- In a small pan, dry roast cumin seeds and cloves and allow these to splutter. Add to the soup.
- Add some black pepper and serve hot!
Over to you
This super healthy clove tomato soup is low in calories and full of flavour. Forget packages soups-this homemade soup will provide you with a good amount of Vitamin C. Cook this soup for a light and tasty meal when you’re short of time.