MUSTARD SAUCE (KASUNDI)
By:- Healthways Date: 01-Aug-2020
This zingy mustard sauce has the much-needed pungent flavor that goes well with a variety of dishes or as a perfect spread to sandwiches and wraps.
- 15 grams black mustard seeds
- 15 grams yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ inch ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 green chilies (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender
- Add water as required, and blend to a smooth paste
- Use a dry air tight container, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 20 days.
Calories – 85 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 4.5 gm
Protein – 3.8 gm
Fat – 4.0 gm
Key Ingredients & Benefits:
Mustard Seeds: Mustard seeds are rich in a nutrient called selenium, known for its high anti-inflammatory effects. The high source of magnesium in mustard seeds helps reducing the severity of asthma attacks and certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and lowering blood pressure
Turmeric: Turmeric contains one of the most powerful antioxidant compound called curcumin which helps in fighting the inflammatory disease conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, and arthritis. It is also linked to improved brain functions and is also a potent anti-bacterial agent.