By:- Healthways Date: 01-Apr-2020
This basic pesto sauce recipe can be used for sandwiches, pasta, and pizza. It’s delicious, and it is really healthy prepared with minimal efforts.
Mint is a flavor enhancer, and its pleasant aroma makes food even more appetizing. It can manage nausea, heartburn, acidity, and headache. Mint is known to increase bile secretion and encourage bile flow, which helps to speed and ease digestion. Coriander is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well. It helps in lowering blood cholesterol levels and management of high blood sugar. Vitamin K found in coriander helps in fighting or preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1teaspoon pine nuts (chilgoza) or walnuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
Calories – 34 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 1.2 grams
Protein – 0.8 grams
Fat – 2.0 grams
- Assemble all the ingredients, and put them in a blender.
- Blend all ingredients until a smooth consistency is attained.
- Serve fresh or store for up to 3 days in an air-tight container (refrigeration required).
Over to you
Holy basil has more than the nutritional benefits to serve! It’s refreshing taste and vibrant green colour gives the perfect match to the salad. So, try and share it around.