Shahi Tukda With Apricot Sheera Recipe
By:- Healthways Date: 01-Dec-2019
These golden slices of fried bread dipped in some warm and heavy custard cream, flavoured with a layer of apricot compote and mascarpone cream is all one needs to fall in love!
- 1.5-liter Healthways Bottle Milk
- 3-4 Elaichis
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- Few strands saffron
- 12 slices of white bread
- 300 ml cooking oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp mascarpone cream
- 2 Tbsp of heavy double cream
- 50 gms apricots (small & dry with seeds)
- Boil 1.5l milk, add 1 stick cinnamon, 2 pcs elaichi and 4 tbsp sugar.
- Cook it for approximately 6 minutes.
- Layer saffron in a serving dish and pour 4 tbsp of the milk mixture on top.
- Cut squares of white bread, and heat oil in a pan.
- Add star anise to the oil to flavour it.
- Once the star anise is bubbling, remove from the oil.
- Fry the bread squares till golden, and drain excess oil on a napkin.
- Place bread in milk mixture with saffron and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2.5 tbsp of mascarpone cream.
- Add in 2 tbsp of heavy double cream and 1 ladle of the milk mixture.
- Whisk thoroughly, and place it in the fridge to chill for 10 mins.
- Boil sugar in 1 cup, quarter the apricots and infuse it with the sheera.
- Pour over the bread squares and serve!
- Layer a little apricot on the base of a plate.
- Place the slice of bread on top.
- Spoon a little mascarpone mixture between layers of 3 slices.
- Drizzle some apricot sheera on top.
- It’s ready to be served
This delicious Shahi Tukda With Apricot Sheera Recipe will lift your mood every time you eat it!