By:- Healthways Date: 01-Jul-2020
Spinach and garlic makes a perfect blend of this flavoursome, bright-green soup. Rich and creamy, yet light, this recipe can be served as an appetizer as well or can be a part of the dinner. Enjoy the aroma of fresh spinach stalks with the richness of milk.
Spinach is loaded with goodness of iron that gives you energy and prevents the occurrence of anemia. It is also a good source of dietary calcium and can help fight against bone and joint diseases. It also helps in the management of diabetes and lowering of blood pressure.
Milk is rich in protein, calcium and potassium. Thus, it provides a good source of energy, helps preventing the strength of bones and teeth and lowering of blood pressure.
- 12-15 spinach leaves (roughly chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Salt- as per taste
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Water, as required
- 1 tablespoon low fat milk (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan; add onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and salt and sauté on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to boil, stirring once in between. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Put into the pan again, add milk and pepper. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories – 50 Kcal
Carbohydrates – 2.9 grams
Protein – 2.1 grams
Fat – 2.2 grams
Over to you
Dwell in the goodness of this healthy spinach soup. This homemade soup is so flavourful and easy to make that you’ll forget to buy the processed ones from the market. Try this classic spinach soup and let your body get a good dose of enriching fiber.