By:- Healthways Date: 01-Apr-2020
Key Ingredients & Benefits:
Suji (Semolina): It is a rich source of good carbohydrates that helps in boosting energy levels. Semolina is rich in iron, low in fat and has been proven to support bone health as well. It also boosts heart health by managing high blood cholesterol levels.
Capsicum: An excellent vegetable choice to improve vision, reduce the risk of heart diseases, stroke, and some forms of cancer. It also supports the functions of your immune system and gives a mild aroma to the meal preparations that enhances the palatable and nutritive value.
- 2 tablespoon suji or semolina (=30 gms)
- 1 teaspoon onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon tomato (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon capsicum (chopped)
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt as required
- Red chili powder as required
- Water as required
- Soak suji or semolina in water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix curd, salt and red chili powder to soaked suji and mix the batter.
- Add some water, if required. Its consistency should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Heat a pan and spread the batter gently over it. Sprinkle veggies and press it with spatula.
- Add oil around the edges and cook until done on medium heat.
- When the edges start leaving the pan then flip it. Cook until the veggies are done.
- Flip back and cook until the uttapam turns slightly crisp. Serve hot and warm with homemade chutney or sambhar.
Calories – 144 Kcal
Carbs – 24.2 gm
Protein – 4.2 gm
Fat – 2.3 gm